February 12, 2020 Double Loop Games Announces $2.5M Seed Investment Led by London Venture Partners Learn more
Who we are
We're a veteran, women-led mobile team from Kongregate, WB, Zynga, and Blizzard.
Loves tower defense, match-3s, knitting, data, and figure skating @EmilyG
Co-Founder, COO, Game Director
Lifelong gamer, loves to draw, bake pies, play RPGs, and cuddle cute things @ShelbyMoledina
Enjoys playing RPGs, building LEGO, and exploring science fiction @LegoCylon
Professional doodler. Plays games with a controller in one hand and a glass of wine in the other
Avid game player and game maker
Electronic music enthusiast, loves RPGs, photography, and DC-area sports teams
Draws too much, loves video games, and raises far too many plants
Lifelong dabbler. Software, guitar, powerlifting, video games. Philadelphia Forever
Was gaming before she could walk. Loves art, code, nature and aerial dance. Also apparently likes cleaning
Learn more about Double Loop and our philosophy from our blog and conference talks.
- Emily Talks to Robin Hunicke on the AIAS Game Maker's Notebook Podcast
- Shelby talks about creativity, designing relaxing games, and Oregon Trail on The Game Dev Podcast
- Emily's Conversation with Joakim Achren on the Elite Game Developers Podcast
- Game UX Summit 2017: "Breaking Through Labels"
- GDC 2013: "Building Games For The Long-Term"
- GDC 2015: "Don't Call Them Whales"
- GDC 2018: "Data-Driven or Data-Blinded? The Uses And Abuses of Analytics In Games"
We believe that the best games are made with love, enthusiasm, and respect for the audience. And the best games, properly supported, are enduring hobbies that connect us to each other.
We are working on a mobile-first title with a planned 2021 launch date. Check back for more information and announcements in the coming months.
To make games with longevity, you need teams that are sustainable. We're building an environment that's transparent, respectful, and family-friendly. Our founders are in San Francisco, but we'll hire anywhere with reasonable time zone overlap. Diverse candidates encouraged. Kindness expected.
While we only have a few open positions now we will be hiring engineers, artists, designers, writers, and data scientists later in the year. If you're interested please email email@example.com with your resume and we will contact you as we open an appropriate position.
- Lead Game Designer
Double Loop Games is looking for a Lead Game Designer to design gameplay and content for a new, original mobile game.
Who we are
We are a well-funded mobile game start-up focused on making delightful, relaxing experiences for the biggest audience in games: people who don’t think of themselves as gamers.
We're building an environment that's transparent, respectful, and family-friendly. Our current team is in California and Oregon, but we're happy to work with people remotely anywhere in the Americas. Diverse candidates encouraged. Kindness expected.
Who do we want
Double Loop Games is looking for an experienced Lead Game Designer to help design and implement gameplay interactions and levels. The ideal candidate has a wealth of experience designing, testing, and tuning casual to midcore F2P gameplay systems, cinematics, levels and content. This designer will also be responsible for reviewing & giving feedback to bring a portion of the game to final polish level -- extremely high attention to detail is required. They should showcase a track record of high quality work and enthusiasm for their craft, and be experienced using Unity.
- Work with the Game Director to design F2P gameplay and metagame systems. Review and test them in game, owning the feedback process of bringing them to a final, shippable polish level
- Use Unity and our custom tools to build levels and input/configure levels and large quantities of data for content unlocks & rollout. The Lead Game Designer will create first pass tuning, but an Economy Designer will provide final tuning
- Work with a Narrative Designer and Artist to design tutorial & cinematic sequences that meld with gameplay. Review them in game, giving multiple rounds of feedback, and own the process of bringing them to final, shippable polish level
- Design & iterate on content unlock & rollout
- Integrate and finalize work in-engine
- 4+ years industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing F2P mobile games you have worked on
- Ability to iterate quickly
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Ability to design and configure large data sets with care
- Experience with source control
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with using playtest feedback and live player data to re-tune data
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Conscientious and self-motivated
- Experience working in Github
- Experience with pre-planning content & mechanic rollout and difficulty curves to tune against
- Experience designing, reviewing, and finalizing tutorials/narrative/cinematics
- Experience managing and mentoring other designers
- Experience balancing portions of a F2P economy
- A love of relaxing, delightful gameplay, and beautiful worlds filled with both outdoor spaces and intimate village life
- A strong desire to step outside of your comfort zone and learn new things
What are we offering?
- Full-time role with benefits
- Interesting, highly original work in a small, supportive and well-funded start-up led by two women who are industry veterans
- Flexible working arrangements. Work from home wherever you may be as long as you have a reasonable number of overlapping hours with the pacific time zone (+/- 3 hours for this role) and fast, reliable internet connection
Please send your full resume, references, and anything else you think we should see to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should also be prepared for a design test, if necessary.