May 27, 2021 Double Loop Games Announces $8M Series A led by Hiro Capital Learn more
Who we are
We're a veteran, women-led mobile team from Kongregate, WB, Zynga & more
Loves tower defense, match-3s, knitting, data, and figure skating @EmilyG
Co-Founder, COO, Game Director
Lifelong gamer, loves to draw, bake pies, play RPGs, and cuddle cute things @ShelbyMoledina
Loves creating things with code, the great outdoors, games, playing music and most importantly... pranks :)
Professional doodler. Plays games with a controller in one hand and a glass of wine in the other
VP of Production
Is pretty sure dogs really run the place. Loves RPGs and puzzle games, hiking and mysteries. Also puts too much garlic in everything he cooks
Avid game player and game maker
Draws too much, loves video games, and raises far too many plants
Big fan of cats (all pets, really), Baltimore, social sports, and any form of entertainment
Art OS Manager
Loves games, cars, art, cryptids, crafts that can be learned from YouTube, order varies frequently
Lead Puzzle Designer
A poetic nerd and avid collector with a zest and passion for life
Loves the sewing machine, Kitchenaid mixer, and Nintendo Switch. Aspiring creator of cute bento boxes
Likes to draw, code, and write interesting things. Believes in Nintendo DS supremacy
Loves solving challenging problems, making games, feeding his people delicious BBQ, and tacos
Senior Data Analyst
Writing music on Fridays, building motorcycles on Saturdays, playing Catan on Sundays, and overthinking anything math related every day
Contract Narrative Design
Loves everything immersive, writing all the time, dressing for a theme, and dogs, not necessarily in that order. To be clear, dogs come first
Loves video games, solving problems, learning new stuff, the mountains and heavy metal
Contract Story Sequence Integrator
Gamer since birth who loves to write, draw, and cook. Occasionally builds escape rooms in her living room
Senior Game Designer
Passionate card & board game player. Loves anime, pretzels, and D&D
Senior Quality Assurance Tester
Avid gamer, amateur birder, and tarantula hobbyist with over 30 pet spiders
Learn more about Double Loop and our philosophy from our blog and conference talks.
Double Loop Games Collaborates in Polaris Game Design Retreat
Last September, Shelby had the privilege of joining the Polaris think-tank-style retreat in Montreal, where high-level game designers collaborated on "solving the toughest problems in games." Her workgroup tackled “Playful Narrative”— coming up with ways to more deeply interact with a narrative. To actively PLAY the story, beyond passive consumption and shallowly associated progression mechanics.
- Double Loop Games Wins Two IGDA Global Industry Game Awards
- Designers from Double Loop Win GDC F2P Challenge
- Shelby's appearance on the Game Changers Video Podcast
- Hiro Capital announces their investment in Double Loop Games
- Shelby's appearance on the Unstoppable Business Podcast
- Double Loop announces $2.5M Seed Round led by London Venture Partners
- Emily talks to Robin Hunicke on the AIAS Game Maker's Notebook Podcast
- Shelby talks about creativity, designing relaxing games, and Oregon Trail on The Game Dev Podcast
- Game UX Summit 2017: "Breaking Through Labels"
- GDC 2013: "Building Games For The Long-Term"
- GDC 2015: "Don't Call Them Whales"
- GDC 2018: "Data-Driven or Data-Blinded? The Uses And Abuses of Analytics In Games"
We believe that the best games are made with love, enthusiasm, and respect for the audience. And the best games, properly supported, are enduring hobbies that connect us to each other.
We are working on a mobile-first title currently in soft launch. Check back for more information and announcements in the coming months.
To make games with longevity, you need teams that are sustainable. We're building an environment that's transparent, respectful, and family-friendly. Our founders are in San Francisco, but we'll hire anywhere with reasonable time zone overlap. Diverse candidates encouraged. Kindness expected.
We currently have an open contract position only, but please continue to keep an eye out on the Jobs section of this website for new opportunities. If you're interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and we will contact you as we open an appropriate position.
- Contract UI Artist
Double Loop Games is looking for a contract UI Artist to help set the look and functionality of a new, original mobile game.
Who we are
We are a venture-backed mobile game start-up led by two female industry veterans focused on making delightful, relaxing experiences for the biggest audience in games: people who don’t think of themselves as gamers.
We're building an environment that's transparent, respectful, and family-friendly. Our current team is mostly in California, but we're happy to work with people remotely anywhere in North, South, or Central America. Diverse candidates encouraged. Kindness expected.
Who do we want
Double Loop Games is looking for an experienced mobile games UI artist to help shape the visual design and user experience for our new, original game. The ideal candidate has a wealth of experience working with teams of all sizes, both internal and external. They should showcase a track record of high quality work and enthusiasm for their craft.
Huge plusses include:
- A love of relaxing, delightful gameplay, and beautiful, atmospheric worlds filled with mystery and intriguing detail
- A strong desire to step outside of your comfort zone and learn new things
- Create high quality, appealing UI artwork, from wireframe to polished UI
- Creatively design wireframes and flows to provide an ideal user experience
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the UI/UX pipeline and ability to work within it
- Maintain performance and optimization standards for new UI
- Showcase excellent communication, asset planning, and task costing
- Use your talents to help solve visual problems alongside designers and engineers
- Ability to integrate and finalize work in-engine
- 5+ years industry experience
- Strong understanding of mobile game UI/UX
- Portfolio showcasing a high bar of quality for UI/UX
- Ability to iterate quickly
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Unity
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Conscientious and self-motivated
- Knowledge of Unity’s animation tools and processes
- Knowledge of Unity’s VFX tools and processes
- Experience working with external artists or companies
- 90 day contract with potential for conversion to full-time employment
- Interesting, highly original work in a small, supportive and well-funded start-up led by two women who are industry veterans
- Flexible working arrangements. Work from home wherever you may be as long as you have a reasonable number of overlapping hours with the pacific time zone (+/- 4 hours for this role) and fast, reliable internet connection
The following are a plus but not necessary
What are we offering?
Please send your full resume, portfolio, and anything else you think we should see to email@example.com Candidates should also be prepared for an art test, if necessary.