February 12, 2020 Double Loop Games Announces $2.5M Seed Investment Led by London Venture Partners Learn more
Who we are
We're a veteran, female-led mobile team from Kongregate, WB, Zynga, and Blizzard.
Loves tower defense, match-3s, knitting, data, and figure skating @EmilyG
Co-Founder, COO, Game Director
Lifelong gamer, loves to draw, bake pies, play RPGs, and cuddle cute things @ShelbyMoledina
Enjoys playing RPGs, building LEGO, and exploring science fiction @LegoCylon
Professional doodler. Plays games with a controller in one hand and a glass of wine in the other
Avid game player and game maker
Electronic music enthusiast, loves RPGs, photography, and DC-area sports teams
Draws too much, loves video games, and raises far too many plants
Lifelong dabbler. Software, guitar, powerlifting, video games. Philadelphia Forever
Was gaming before she could walk. Loves art, code, nature and aerial dance. Also apparently likes cleaning
Learn more about Double Loop and our philosophy from our blog and conference talks.
- Emily Talks to Robin Hunicke on the AIAS Game Maker's Notebook Podcast
- Emily's Conversation with Joakim Achren on the Elite Game Developers Podcast
- Game UX Summit 2017: "Breaking Through Labels"
- GDC 2013: "Building Games For The Long-Term"
- GDC 2015: "Don't Call Them Whales"
- GDC 2018: "Data-Driven or Data-Blinded? The Uses And Abuses of Analytics In Games" (behind pay wall)
We believe that the best games are made with love, enthusiasm, and respect for the audience. And the best games, properly supported, are enduring hobbies that connect us to each other.
We are working on a mobile-first title with a planned 2021 launch date. Check back for more information and announcements in the coming months.
To make games with longevity, you need teams that are sustainable. We're building an environment that's transparent, respectful, and family-friendly. Our founders are in San Francisco, but we'll hire anywhere with reasonable time zone overlap. Diverse candidates encouraged. Kindness expected.
While we only have a few open positions now we will be hiring engineers, artists, designers, writers, and data scientists later in the year. If you're interested please email email@example.com with your resume and we will contact you as we open an appropriate position.
- Contract Puzzle Level Designer
Double Loop Games is looking for a Contract Puzzle Level Designer to help create levels for a new, original mobile game.
Who we are
We are a venture-backed mobile game start-up led by two female industry veterans focused on making delightful, relaxing experiences for the biggest audience in games: people who don’t think of themselves as gamers.
We're building an environment that's transparent, respectful, and family-friendly. Our current team is in California, but we're happy to work with people remotely anywhere in the Americas. Diverse candidates encouraged. Kindness expected.
Who do we want
Double Loop Games is looking for an experienced mobile games Puzzle Level Designer to help create puzzle levels for our new, original game. The ideal candidate has a wealth of experience creating, testing, tuning and balancing F2P puzzle levels in one of the following genres: Match-3, Blast, Merge, or possibly Bubble Shooter. They should showcase a track record of high quality work and enthusiasm for their craft.
Huge plusses include:
- A love of relaxing, delightful gameplay, and beautiful worlds filled with both outdoor spaces and intimate village life.
- A strong desire to step outside of your comfort zone and learn new things.
- Use our custom tool to create a limited campaign of high-quality, fun, well-tuned puzzle levels using and combining our mechanics in fresh ways.
- Spearhead internal puzzle level playtesting and incorporate feedback to tune levels before they are launched.
- Showcase excellent communication, asset planning, and task costing
- Ability to integrate and finalize work in-engine
- 2+ years industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing F2P mobile puzzles you have designed and launched
- Ability to iterate quickly
- Experience with source control
- Experience creating puzzles in a game engine
- Experience with using playtest feedback and live player data to re-tune puzzles
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Conscientious and self-motivated
The following are a plus, but not necessary
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with Github
What are we offering?
- Full-time contract role, part-time also considered
- Interesting, highly original work in a small, supportive and well-funded start-up led by two female industry veterans
- Flexible working arrangements. Work from home wherever you may be as long as you have a reasonable number of overlapping hours with the pacific time zone (+/- 3 hours for this role) and fast, reliable internet connection
Please send your full resume, references, and anything else you think we should see to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should also be prepared for a design test, if necessary.