February 12, 2020 Double Loop Games Announces $2.5M Seed Investment Led by London Venture Partners Learn more
Who we are
We're a veteran, female-led mobile team from Kongregate, WB, and Zynga.
Co-Founder, CEO - Business Lead
Loves tower defense, match-3s, knitting, data, and figure skating @EmilyG
Co-Founder, COO - Creative Lead
Lifelong gamer, loves to draw, bake pies, play RPGs, and cuddle cute things @ShelbyMoledina
Professional doodler. Plays games with a controller in one hand and a glass of wine in the other
Avid game player and game maker
Learn more about Double Loop and our philosophy from our blog and conference talks.
We believe that the best games are made with love, enthusiasm, and respect for the audience. And the best games, properly supported, are enduring hobbies that connect us to each other.
We are working on a mobile-first title with a planned 2021 launch date. Check back for more information and announcements in the coming months.
To make games with longevity, you need teams that are sustainable. We're building an environment that's transparent, respectful, and family-friendly. Our founders are in San Francisco, but we'll hire anywhere in North America. Diverse candidates encouraged. Kindness expected.
While we only have one open position now we will be hiring engineers, artists, designers, writers, and data scientists later in the year. If you're interested please email email@example.com with your resume and we will contact you as we open an appropriate position.
Double Loop Games is looking for a Technical Director to be hands-on leader: design and manage our technical pipeline, build and mentor the engineering team, with hands-on programming and technical responsibilities for a new, original mobile game.
Who do we want
As part of our leadership team, you will provide technical leadership, best practice guidelines, and build the engineering team for our new, original game. You’ll be expected to be an individual contributor, at least through early phases. The ideal candidate is a talented technical architect, an experienced leader, obsessed with delivering delight and quality to our users, with a focus on building a pipeline that can scale to support a high DAU game, and be efficiently maintained and flexibly built upon for years to come.
Huge plusses include:
- A love of relaxing, delightful gameplay, and beautiful worlds filled with both outdoor spaces and intimate village life.
- Previous team management experience
- Push software development to create elegant and scalable code that stretches the limits of game designs
- Mentor a team of engineers to develop time-frames and guide best practices in code review
- Nurture and guide the technical quality of project milestones while persistently assessing emerging technologies
- Define variables, constraints, and outputs for technical and game design roadmaps
- Achieve innovative objectives with quality and speed
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers in extending the toolset
- Architect strategies for networking, structured databases, and API integrations
- Partner with game designers, product managers, and UX/UI artists to create fun game mechanics
- Shipped games and worked on live-ops updates for iOS and Android
- Has overseen development, scaling, and live-ops for a significant DAU live game
- Thorough knowledge of client, server, backend, and analytics architectures and tools on the market and strengths/weaknesses of each
- Ability to use analytics to inform and improve the code and processes for the game
- Experience and curiosity in multiple areas of game development (e.g. UI, server technology, tools, etc.)
- Experience defining and leading platform initiatives
- Experience in working in large and varied code bases (SDKs/APIs/Libraries/Plugins)
- Excellent objected-oriented skills coding for performance and reliability at scale
- Efficient time-management and proven ability to estimate time needed for engineering task completion
- Strong communication skills and willingness to voice opinions
- Insist on the highest standards from one's self and team
- Love for making video games
- Mobile Game Development: 7 years (Required), with multiple years in a lead or senior role
- Unity: 3 years (Required)
- C#: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related field
The following are a plus but not necessary
- Experience with PlayFab, GameSparks, or other backend-as-a-service
- Scripting skills in Python, Perl, Shell, or another common language
- Experience with database design and SQL
- Experience with Linux/Unix commands
- Experience with security on high DAU live games
What are we offering?
- Full-time role with benefits
- Interesting, highly original work in a small, supportive and well-funded start-up led by two female industry veterans
- Flexible working arrangements. You would ideally be co-located with us full-time in our office in San Francisco, or you can work remotely from any US location as long as you have a reliable, fast internet connection. Canada also considered.
Please send your full resume, references, and anything else you think we should see to firstname.lastname@example.org.